Basic Leatherwork Course
If you’re looking for an unforgettable day, why not join me at the beautiful Cowshed Workshop in Tenterden, in a leather crafting day that focuses on types of leather, tools, design and construction.
We have put this leather crafting course together for anyone with an interest in leathercraft, someone who wishes to learn to make small leather goods such as wallets, purses, bags and belts or someone who has tried their hand at basic leathercraft and and wishes to progress their skill level.
You don’t need any previous experience with leather crafting as you will learn the core skills and techniques on the course. It’s a perfect introduction to making small leather goods in a traditional manner.
We have designed this course around the making of a simple notebook holder. We have chosen this project as it covers all the basic skills required to produce almost any small leather goods, and provides an excellent foundation set of skills to go on and make more complex items. There is also large scope for customisation of your project to make it uniquely your own.
You will be under the expert instruction of Paul Bradley who will guide you on your leathercraft journey. Along the way you will learn about different leathers, techniques and tools and end the day with a beautiful and functional notebook and case that you can either keep your self or give to someone as a fantastic gift.
On this course you will:
• Use the provided patterns to produce a leather cover for a standard 5.5 x 3.5 supplied notebook
• Be guided on how to design, draw out and customise a pattern
• Learn all about the different tools used in leather working and how to use them
• Learn how to cut out, assemble and mark for stitching
• Learn and practice the techniques of the traditional saddle stitch to complete the assembly of your notebook
• Learn how to finish your project with edge burnishing techniques and other small but important details that add to the overall professional look
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
What’s included in the price?
All tools, equipment and materials are provided, as well as a free notebook to take away with you so you can use your notebook wallet straight away.
Readers Bridge Road, St. Michaels
Please click the button below to be taken to the Craft Courses website to book a place on this fantastic course.